Name:
Location: Centreville, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Welcome to my Blog

Hello, this Blog is mostly to record my newest hobby woodturning. What is woodturning? Woodturning is using a lathe to spin a block of wood that you shape into many different things, such as table legs, bowls, baseball bats, and pens. I went to the local Woodcraft store on Saturday the 11th of November to look into purchasing a lathe and some supplies to get started in pen turning. When I got to the store they were doing a sidewalk demo on penturning and were making pens to send to the troops under the Freedom Pens Project. They were more than happy to give me a quick class on pen turning and set me up with a lathe and some precut blanks to work on. Well to make a long story short I left the store 3 hours later having made 3 pens and spend $400 on a Rikon mini lathe and supplies. Needless to say I was hooked

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home